Saturday, April 28, 2007

BACK TO SCHOOL...

Well... I just finished my first week back to school from maternity leave. It felt good to be back. Kids weren't bad at all... I had heard about issues of disrespect and not listening but I was very impressed. It was as if I hadn't left at all... I slipped right back into things and kids seemed to remember what my expectations were. I can't believe we only have twenty days of school left. My main focus this year has been organization and I have done a whole lot better than what I have done in the past. I make sure that my desk is neat and tidy when I leave each afternoon. The beginning of this week I had stuff I had to go through from what was left behind from the substitute but I think I have taken care of all that.

Today, however, was a different story... I had a lot of housework to catch up on and not much time to relax. Matt and Jon were very rambunctious... Jon was in time out several times today. By the end of the day I was really on edge. They were being just typical three year olds but whatever they were doing, they were doing it very loudly and seemed to be following me wherever I went. Nap time was also a shortened period as they were up by 2:30 (after only laying down at 1).

The only time they were good this afternoon was when they were finger painting and also when we went out to dinner at Chili's... hopefully tomorrow will be better...

No comments: