Wednesday, May 7, 2008

BACK TO EXERCISING!

Ok... I think I have reached an all time low... I hate the look of myself... can't stand seeing myself in pictures... can't understand why anyone wants to be around someone who doesn't care for themself... the problem is, I know I feel this way, yet everytime I think about doing something to change it - I totally crash and want to eat something with the most number of calories... I seem to always have an excuse for everything!


So I happened to say something to Chad again, and he reminded me to log everything - ON HERE! So I am... I put the boys to bed, after a massive temper tantrum from Matt - and came downstairs... I did ten minutes on the treadmill... I know ten minutes isn't anything, but it's a start. I haven't done anything in so long, I have to start somewhere. I set it at 2mph and kept it that way the whole ten minutes...


I figure if I log it here, hopefully this will keep me accountable... I just need moral support... Thx...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you, sweetheart. Stick with it, and you will be amazed what you can do.

J~Mom said...

Do you want to try the couch to 5K program? That is how I started and it worked great for me. You could do it this summer while you are off. Then we could run a 5k in August.

You can do it!!! I know you can! And, I know what it is like to feel that way about yourself and only by taking baby steps will you feel better. Just tell yourself baby steps ...a few everyday.

SM said...

I wish you the best of luck on your road to getting in shape!

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, 10 minutes after all of that, you GO GIRL.....10 is like an hour after looking after all of your babykins.....

Keep strong, you're doing great!!!

Gotta Run..... said...

First... make sure you praise yourself for the effort that you are putting into being healthy. You can not change anything about last week or even last month BUT today counts so everything you do today is better than the day before.

Knowing that our kids learn so much by our own actions is enough to motivate me. I lost my mom a few years ago due to some bad health choices that end the end took her from me at age 56. That did it for me. i want to live and be a healthy example by taking care of my body.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! BE ACCOUNTABLE TO YOURSELF!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the treadmill. It's all about consistency at this point. Don't focus on hating how you look right now, think about how great you're going to look and feel if you keep exercising.

As for the all-time low. . . that can be a good thing. Some people need to hit rock bottom before they are motivated to change. The only place to go from here is up! You are on the right path - keep it up!

Kevin said...

Good job on taking the first step in getting back in shape. Keep up the good work and keep posting here and we'll be here to provide encouragement and advice

Paul said...

10 minutes is better than no minutes. I always tell myself to at least do a little bit. Every minute counts!!! keep it up.

Ewen said...

Well done! Starting is the hardest part. Consistency is the key - something every day if you can. Good luck!

David said...

You can do it, but you have to keep it going. Momentum works in motion and when stationary. But you have to find the personal motivation. Check out Fian's blog (Braised and Bemused), and her similar motivation struggles. I think she has now found her "carrot" to chase. If you don't do it for something personal, you won't do it for everyone else.

Keep up the good work!

Nitmos said...

Keep on going! As I'm sure you see with Chad, working out becomes addictive (and fun) the more you do it. Good work!