Thursday, July 10, 2008

SNAIL HUNT

Goin on a snail hunt... going on a snail hunt...
I'm not afraid... I'm not afriad...
I've got my spoon... I've got my spoon...
and I've got my bag... and I've got my bag...

uh oh... there's more!

Anyone who's been to camp when they were a kid know this song - I just changed the lyrics from a lion hunt. Somehow a lone little snail hitched a ride on something into our fish tank. And those of you who know anything about little snails - they multiply faster than rabbits.

We now have at least a hundred in the tank. Anyway, I have a thought of genious... there's no way to get rid of the snails without killing the fish (with bleach), but I thought what about just start scooping them out. I got a little sandwich baggie so that I could seal the top and a spoon, and just started having fun.

Now it's kind of like the movie Toy Story when all the toys watch the claw and hope they get picked... well, each time I get near the tank, there are a bunch more snails that have meandered their way to the top... watch out boys, here comes the spoon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely hilarious!!

Michelle said...

Hundreds of snails??? Is this something I'm going to have to deal with when my boys get older???!!!!

The Myers Family said...

FUNNY BUT YUCKY! O dear...my daughter would have had a blast helping...she LOVES snails for some crazy reason. I think she's going to be a tomboy! She loves all sorts of bugs and yucky stuff i would NEVER pick up! She's picked up lizards, frogs and anything else she can find! EEK!

J~Mom said...

That is cute!! Fun times! LOL

The jones Family said...

pics of this please?!
Erin (posting from work)