Saturday, January 17, 2009

REFLECTION ON PAST EXPERIENCE

A fellow blogger just had their baby - baby #3 - and it got me thinking. I remember the whole ordial with having the twins. I remember working the whole day then having my doctor's appointment only to be sent immediately to the hospital due to very high quanity of protein in my urine (off the charts) and high blood pressure. I remember having an emergency c-section at 8:00 that evening. I remember the scary feeling of what was happening. I remember not hearing Matt cry until Jon was already out and crying. I remember Matt turning blue in daddy's arms and being wisked away. I remember myself in the recovery room while daddy was following the boys and me not knowing what was going on. I was fine so I wanted him to be with them. That next 24 hours was hell (excuse my language). I was in one room, Jon was in transition, and Matt was in NICU.

However, I remember having Chris - we picked the date and the time. It just felt so much more relaxed. Was it because I knew what to expect? or because I knew when to expect it? Chris came out crying, and had no issues with breathing. I was the one with issues from the anesthesia.

Two totally different experiences - totally different feelings - totally different results.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

But three extraordinary kids. We really were blessed.

teacherwoman said...

Wow. Great post.

J~Mom said...

Did you have pre-eclampsia? I had a similar experience with my 3rd (but no c-section). Great reflection you wrote!

jay_say said...

Yes. Because I was already at 36 1/2 weeks and both boys were breech, they did the c-sec. Matt found a position he liked and stayed there, closing off the opening!

Unknown said...

Hey there...catching up on some blogs tonight. Was I the one you were referring to? Yes...it was a MUCH better experience this time for me too...and such a relief!!!